Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Un dia peresozo en Sevilla

I've realized that Monday through Thursday I am going to have a lot of alone time between 12 and 3. All of my roommates have class until 2:30, so I'm trying to find creative ways to entertain myself during that time (besides sleeping and going on the computer - that's for after lunch).
Today it was a little colder (about 77 degrees) so I decided to go for a run. I decided that once again, I would try to get a little lost and then find my way back. Well, I think I picked the wrong route because I had to spend about 1/3 of my run actually walking on the heels of old ladies and married couples. I went up to Sierpes, which is the shopping district of Sevilla. Not only are there a lottt of people there, but the sidewalk is also approximately this big. So it's a little hard to get around people, especially when you don' t know the exact Spanish equivilant for "excuse me". But, all in all, it was a good run.
I also met some...interesting gentlemen that live down the street. They are car mechanics, and were outside working on a car when I walked by. They said "Buenos Dias." I said "uhhhhhhhhhhh...hola?" When I walked by the next time, they said "Good Morning." I wonder how they ever figured out that I'm not a native Spanish speaker...?
Tonight I'm going to the Flamenco show. It's the first night that me and my roommates are going to a discoteca, so it should be pretty fun. I'll have more updates tomorrow.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment