Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Que ridiculoso!

Sooo for those of you who don't know, I am a complete idiot. I booked my ticket home for August 4th thinking it was 2 days after my program ended. Yeahhh my program definitely ends on JULY 25th!! So I called the airline and booked the last ticket available on the 28th. What does this mean?
1) I shelled out 170 unnecessary dollars.
2) I will have 3 whole days to explore Madrid before coming home! and..
3) I'm coming home a week earlier!!!

That's right, mark your calendars ladies and gents, I will be returning to our glorious state on July 28th at 7:45 PM. Chicka chicka yeahhhh.


Besides being an idiot, my life has been pretty slow for the past few days. Today I went to the Alcazar in Sevilla, which is the oldest palace still in use in Europe. It was beautiful, except it was wayyyy too crowded. Sadly, I have grown to despise tourists (and try to convince myself that I am not a tourist anymore) so it made it a little frustrating. The palace is still beautiful, and it's cool because it's a mixture of all sorts of eras and architectural styles.
Tomorrow I have my first and only midterm. Of course I am procrastinating. I'm even contemplating going downtown and getting some ice cream instead of studying...
I decided finally, that in lieu of my little flight mixup, that I will not be going anywhere over the long weekend. I was thinking about going to Morocco, but it's just too expensive to go anywhere worth going to. This weekend is Corpus Cristi which is a huge religious celebration, so I thought I'd stay here and check that out. Also, I'll probably find my way to the beach one of these days...

That's all for now. Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment