Sunday, June 14, 2009

Me broncee a la playa?

I have had a veryyyy long weekend. I had a midterm in class on Wednesday, and we went to the Alcazar on Tuesday, so I haven't had real class for almost a week!! Amazinnggg.
The midterm went well. I only had to study for a couple hours, and even that was too much. Our instructions for the test were to "write as much as you know" on two buildings in Sevilla. It took me 2 pages front and back to write all that I know, so I'm thinking I'm in the clear.
This weekend has been prettyyy lazy. The temperature's been in the 90s and 100s, so there is literally nothing you can do all day but lay around and sleep. My friends and I went out at night, but we're still trying to figure out the bar scene in Sevilla. For some reason, we have an uncanny ability of going to clubs on their off nights and not going to them when they're happenin'. Don't worry, it's a work in progress.
Last night, however, me and my two roommates Sydney and Tara got into an invite-only club - without an invitation. Sorry for the shameless bragging, but I was prettyyy proud of myself.
Yesterday Ian, Sydney, Tara, and I went to the beach in Matalascana. The beach was beautiful, but getting there was an absolute nightmare. I checked online for the bus times but each website I went to gave me different times, so I just went with the most common. We slept through our alarms so we didn't make it to the 9 AM bus, but we aimed for the 10 o'clock. Welllll turns out the next bus didn't leave until 11. Hanging out in a bus station is reallll fun.
Then, when it came time to line up for the bus, we were the first in line since we'd been there since forever. The only problem was that the screen at the bus station had the wrong bus number written down. So we had been standing in line for the wrong bus. When we went to the right bus, people were pushing and shoving trying to get on. Ian got on that bus, but the 3 of us girls got the bus doors pretty much closed in our face. Luckily I speak enough Spanish to ask the people around me what was going on, and they told me that another bus was coming.
Sooo we got on the bus!! Yay! Only an hour until the beach!
Until we got stuck in standstill traffic. All in all, it took twice as long to get there.
But once we got there it was completely worth it. The beach was warm, the environment was friendly, and water was warm enough to swim in! My roommates were all about tanning, but, due to my pasty-ness, I spent a lot of time in the water. I seriously wanted to spend as much time in that water as I could, since I couldn't even remember the last time I was able to swim in the ocean without freezing to death.
What's more, is that I didn't get burned!! 3 hours in the sun and I got tan, but I didn't get burned! (If you have ever seen my skin, you will recognize that as a true miracle). Okay, so I cheated by reapplying sunscreen every 5 seconds, but I am still proud of my derma-responsibility.
The beach trip was just what I needed. And I'm sooo excited to go to a beach next weekend... In PORTUGAL!!

Don't worry, I'll keep you posted - probably more often than you actually would like.

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment