Monday, June 22, 2009

Bici + falta pequena = mal idea

I have entered my final week in Sevilla. Now that the end is getting close, I am frantically trying to do everything I've wanted to do and to revisit everywhere I want to revisit. We'll see if I can fit it all in...

Today I had my presentation in Architecture in Painting. I had to go first, and I think it went pretty well. Sorolla (the artist I chose for my presentation) is my teacher's favorite artist, so I'm hoping that gives me an edge. I can't wait to go see Sorolla's special exhibition in Madrid in July.

My roommates and I went out for tinto de veranos and we started talking about things we've learned in Sevilla. Most of them are silly, but it's still a good way to remember the trip. I'm going to have to write my own list of lessons. One big one I learned today:

Don't ride a bike in a tight skirt. I seriously think I flashed about half of Sevilla. Whoopsies.

Some other notable lessons:

  • Don't expect to do anything on Sundays (everything is closed)
  • Don't walk on wet spots (chances are you will be dripped on)
  • Never wear heels out! - You will regret it
  • Never trust a man doing magic tricks (don't ask)
  • Walking barefoot on the streets of Sevilla is cleaner than walking around your house barefoot
  • If you can't walk without running into people, don't ride a bike and expect a different outcome.

That's it for now. For the rest of this week, I will keep updating the list.

Hasta luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment