Friday, July 24, 2009

Adios Barcelona!

Tonight is my last night in Barcelona. All of my bags are packed and I'm ready to head out to Madrid for a few days!!
Today was the perfect last day: I slept in, then Holly and I went to our favorite beach for the day. After showering and resting, Holly, Sarah, and I went to our favorite restaurant, MAOZ. I am going to miss it so much it was sooo good! I swear I went back to the veggie buffet like 18 times.
After our lovely dinner, we walked around Las Ramblas (the main drag of Barca) and looked at artistry stands and such. We got gelato (I splurged on 2 scoops) and then headed to the Magic Fountain. The Magic Fountain was built for the exhibition in 1929 and they have a light show every weekend during the summer. It was absolutely amazing! I took a video so hopefully you guys will see what I mean very soon!

Tomorrow my flight leaves at 3:45 so I'll have some time to get my stuff together before heading out. It's going to be a little interesting to manuever my 2 huge suitcases and a backpack through the metro, onto the aerobus, and then to the terminal. I guess I've manuevered my way through worse things, so hopefully it won't be that bad.

All in all, I'm sad I'm leaving Barcelona. I've had a great time seeing the 2 cities and I've met a lot of great people along the way. I'll write more once I get to my hostel in Madrid tomorrow!!

Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment