Friday, May 29, 2009

Me mudi a mi casa hoy

Today I finally moved out of my hostel and into my residencia. I lovee it!! It was quite the production to get all of my luggage over there on foot, but it all worked out. My senora's name is Filla (pronounced Fee-yah) and she is so sweet. She doesn't speak a word of English, so I'm really getting to practice my Spanish.
The residencia is so perfect! There's a room downstairs with a bedroom for 2 guys, a dining room, a bathroom, and a full kitchen. Upstairs, there is a common area with comfy lounge chairs and a TV. 2 girls live up here in one room, and I have a room to myself right next to them. There's even a terrace up on the roof where we can hang out and chat and look out to the street. The house is quite homey and I think I'm really going to like it here.
I wasn't expecting this, but so far I really like Spanish food. Today our senora made sooo much pasta and sandwiches that we couldn't finish it all. For dinner we had gazpacho (yummm) and tortilla espanola. My senora is so good about having good vegetarian options for me so it makes it really easy for me.
So far, I really like all of the people I've met here. We had a little reception with drinks and appetizers. There are probably only 20 or so people total in the program, which is kinda nice. That way, we can really get to know each other. The people I live with are all really fun and I'm so excited to get to know them.
So as for the computer drama, I paid 50+ dollars to get a charger overnighted to my house. Then, turns out, that I didn't blow out my charger, I blew out the converter, which will barely cost anything to replace. Just my luckkkk. Yet another lesson I learn in Sevilla.

I'm off to bed. We have orientation tomorrow brighttt and early so I gotta get some sleep.

Muchos Besos!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Julia - so, most computers do not need a converter in Europe. That little box on your computer's charger ought to be able to convert it. Just check the small print. If you see something like 100-240V and 50-60 HZ, then you're fine. You will need only the wall plug adapter and not the voltage converter. And as a bonus, your computer battery should charge faster. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete